Baked Brie with Kahlua & Pecans
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone eat this and not fall in love….it is sooo delicious. I first ate this mouth watering appetizer at a friend’s place years ago (thanks Mrs. Taylor!) and have been making it ever since. There are few ingredients, it’s quick & easy to make, and have I mentioned it’s delicious?
What you’ll need:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 medium wheel of brie or 1/2 a large wheel
- 1 cup Kahlua or any coffee liquor
- 1 cup brown sugar – not packed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 410 degrees. Lay some tin foil or parchment paper on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick
2. Lay out the puff pastry sheet
3. Cut the brie in half – horizontally. This way you can layer the ingredients (I like to scrape the white coating off the outside of the brie, but it’s not necessary)
4. Set 1 layer of brie in the pastry and top with 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup pecans, and 1/3 cup Kahlua.
5. Place the other layer of brie on top and add the same amount of ingredients on top.
6. Wrap the puff pastry around the brie and top with another layer of the same amount of ingredients (maybe a little extra if you want).
***Greta is always by my side when I’m preparing food!
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned and puffy.
8. Serve with crackers or bread. Enjoy!!!