Easy Low-fat Potato Salad
What goes with a gazzillion spring and summer meals?….wow, good guess! Below is my mom’s recipe for potato salad: easy, classic, delightful. I’ve added the step of making it ‘Stained Glass Potato Salad’, so you can ignore the coloring of the eggs if you want it to look traditional. Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- one dozen eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- 9-10 medium sized potatoes
- 2 cups Miracle Whip (I use Light and it turns out great)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (or 2 tsp yellow)
- Food coloring (if you want to make it ‘stained glass’…great for Easter)
- Salt and pepper *you can also add a little dill
Hardboil the eggs and peel the shell. Place the peeled eggs in various glass of water mixed with whatever colors of food coloring you would like. ** You can also skip the next steps and just make deviled eggs!
Peel the potatoes and boil them (cook enough so a fork can poke through them easily). Let the potatoes cool.
Cut up the eggs and potatoes. Mix with the other ingredients.
Keep refrigerated and eat within a couple days.