I don’t think I’ve seen anyone eat this and not fall in love….it is sooo delicious. I first ate this mouth watering appetizer at a friend’s place years ago (thanks Mrs. Taylor!) and have been making it ever since. There are few ingredients, it’s quick & easy to make, and have I mentioned it’s delicious?
What you’ll need:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 medium wheel of brie or 1/2 a large wheel
- 1 cup Kahlua or any coffee liquor
- 1 cup brown sugar – not packed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 410 degrees. Lay some tin foil or parchment paper on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick
2. Lay out the puff pastry sheet
3. Cut the brie in half – horizontally. This way you can layer the ingredients (I like to scrape the white coating off the outside of the brie, but it’s not necessary)
4. Set 1 layer of brie in the pastry and top with 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup pecans, and 1/3 cup Kahlua.
5. Place the other layer of brie on top and add the same amount of ingredients on top.
6. Wrap the puff pastry around the brie and top with another layer of the same amount of ingredients (maybe a little extra if you want).
***Greta is always by my side when I’m preparing food!
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned and puffy.
8. Serve with crackers or bread. Enjoy!!!
This is one of the favorite recipes that I created. They’re easy to make, there aren’t many ingredients, and everyone who tries these gooey sweet-n-salty delights loves them! 15 minutes prep time, 20 minutes cook time. Makes about 16.
What you’ll need:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese (I like to use whipped)
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- 1 package (4 ounces) proscuitto
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan (using a mix of parmesan and mozzarella is good too)
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees
- Roll or spread out puff pastry onto a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper or tin foil for easy clean up – sprayed with non-stick if you want).
- Melt the cream cheese in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften it and then spread it on the puff pastry
- Layer the proscuitto, fig preserves, and shredded cheese
- Roll it up and cut into 1 inch slices
- Lay them out on the pan and bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is puffy
- Eat your heart out