Sweet-N-Tangy Salsa….aka Texas Caviar
This salsa is always a hit whenever I have parties. It’s easy to make ahead of time (much easier now that I have the Vidalia Chopper) and is so colorful!
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained
- 1 can of blackeyed peas, drained
- 1 can of shoepeg corn
- 1 jalepeno
- 1 red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1/4 cup oil (original recipe is 1/2 cup, but I don’t think that much is necessary)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup sugar (I used baking Splenda to save on calories)
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
1. Chop up all the peppers, onion, and jalepeno (this is where having a chopper is nice, especially since I usually make triple batches for parties)
2. Put the oil, pepper, sugar, and vinegar in a saucepan. Bring to boil to dissolve and then let cool.
3. Mix all the ingredients together and let sit in fridge overnight.