Last Updated on
Our Top Choice
Out of the 5 small chainsaws discussed in this article, our top choice is the Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim. This is because of several features. First, it is already assembled when sold off. This reduces the amount of time you’d take to assemble and it is quite efficient for beginners. In addition, the Remington RM1425 Limb is quite efficient for light duties at home.
Table of Contents
The Best Small Chainsaws
Spare yourself from the hassles of working with a heavy gas chainsaw and benefit from the Remington RM1425. The mini-chain 8 Amp chainsaw has a lightweight design that makes it easier to reach through branches and saplings.
The Remington RM1425 has a transparent oil window that you can use to monitor the oil level easily. Another interesting aspect of the Remington RM1425 is that its assembly is done before it is sent to you and so once you receive it, you can begin cutting down trees immediately.
This product has a durable 14-inch chain bar, which is great because you can use it to handle all kinds of tasks. I’m really glad the 14-inch chain bar is on the Remington RM1425 because my previous chainsaws were not as adjustable. They would either be useful in hard tasks or in smoother cuts. The Remington RM1425, however, can do both tasks perfectly because it has a dependable tensioning system.
Designed to prune medium branches
The Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim chain is really compact making it convenient for all trimming needs. In addition, you can carry it on top of a tree because of its lightweight features making it easier to reach branches on the far ends of a tree.
If you’re a homeowner who rarely uses his chainsaw, the Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim will come in handy. The 6 lbs saw is very popular in the market because it is very easy to operate and control.
Easy to Assemble
Most chainsaws require users to mix fuel, settle the chock and pull a cord as the gas saws. With this chainsaw, all you have to do is press the throttle lockout button and the machine will power up. When stopping, users are advised to release the throttle control and wait for the chain to come to a stop.
What Others Are Saying
The Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim chainsaw has tons of consumers reviews online and it is safe to say that three-quarters of its buyers are happy with this chainsaw. The lightweight feature is something that most buyers appreciate because they can use this saw to cut several down branches at the far end of trees. In spite of this, the majority would like to see the company fix the leaking issues it’s been having on nearly all Remington models.
- Designed for wood trimming
- You can adjust screws easily to the precise tension in just seconds
- It has a lightweight design weighing around 6 pounds
- It comes with hand guards in the front and back
- It has a low kickback bar
- It has an automatic oiling system
- It has an external adjustment screw for increasing or releasing the tension of the chains
- It has a transparent oil window making it easier for users to monitor the oil level
- Once you have adjusted the tension, it is easier to cut through small wood precisely
- It’s a low-cost mini chainsaw
- It does not require any assemble as this is done before it is delivered
- It is quiet when in use
- The oil bar should be emptied if not in use because it has a tendency to leak oil
- It is a bit complicated for beginners and its manual is not easy to understand compared to similar models
- It is not as durable as expected
- You have to check on the chain tension regularly
The Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim might be a good chainsaw for homeowners who prefer to use chainsaws for trimming. However, when it comes to other basic lightweight duties, you should consider other mini-saws available for the same price.
If you’re looking for a mini-chainsaw that is convenient wherever you’re using it, the BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 with a 20 Volts capacity might just be the chainsaw you’re looking for.
The 10-inch capacity feature makes the BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 chainsaw perform some of the widest cuts and thus is useful for a wide variety of tasks. Furthermore, the BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 chainsaw is equipped with a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 20 Volts making it unique because it can stay charged for up to five times longer than other chainsaws. Besides, the wrap around-bale handle is comfortable and has a very hard yet comfortable grip, an advantage for beginners.
The 7.2 pounds, lightweight, self-oiling chainsaw is very convenient for users because it requires limited maintenance. This feature has been really useful because both the chain and the bar are lubricated at all times, even when the chainsaw is not in use. The battery has the ability to hold its charge for a whole year when it is not in use and can make more than 150 cuts in one single charge.
Assisted Lock Button
The assisted lock button feature in BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V Max helps prevent the cordless chainsaw from operating. This is more or less a child-lock feature and can only be disabled when you depress the button and enable the trigger.
The safety feature in the BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V Max is the handle guards found in the front and rear ends. They are strategically placed there to help hands find good grip and avoid damaging them.
Easy to Use
The BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V Max, like most mini chainsaws, is easy to use. All you have to do is engage the lock off switch and squeeze the trigger switch. This means that once you purchase it, you can start using it instantaneously.
What Others Are Saying
There are hundreds of BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V consumer reviews online and the majority of these reviews are positive. Buyers are impressed with the simple chain tension feature allowing them to constantly regulate the amount of tension of the chainsaw. In addition, it is quite durable and this is something that buyers appreciate. However, buyers hope that the BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V would have a tight grip because of its lightweight feature which makes it bounce off the limbs.
- It is easy to handle
- It is easy to start
- It has a simple chain tension feature
- It is quite convenient to use when cutting tight spaces
- It is not restricted by a cord
- Its lightweight design makes it easier to carry around and cut branches on the top of trees
- It has an automatic oiling system
- It has a standard tool-less chain for fast and easy adjustments
- It can be used for activities outside the home because it is battery powered
- Its battery life makes it easier for users to make several cuts in a single charge
- It is very durable
- It has a dual handle to increase efficiency when in use
- It has an amazing ANSI safety system for maximum protection
- It is a low noise emission chainsaw
- It makes it easier for you to create wider cuts despite the 10-inch cut capacity
- It is not for heavy duty activities
- You should check the chain tension on a regular basis as it might come loose at times
- Because it is quite light, it has a tendency to bounce off the limbs
The BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V Max is one of those chainsaws that should only be used for light-duty tasks at home. The battery life makes it easier to create several cuts in a single charge.
Who says you need you to need heavy chainsaws to get the job done right? The DEWALT DCCS620P1 has surely busted out the myth. The lightweight, compact mini-chainsaw has been carefully built to provide its users with the power to perform tough jobs. With the 20V max, 25.2 feet per second mini-chainsaw, users can cut down 30-inch pine trees, which are 8-10 meters in diameter like butter. Because of its long battery life, you can cut down 6 medium-sized trees on one charge with no issue.
Another good feature is the thinness of the chain, which helps cut down tree up to 10 meters in diameter while being very quiet. I really appreciate this feature because it helps me save up some money which I would use to purchase some ear protectors. The DEWALT DCCS620P1 is also lightweight enough that users can climb trees with it.
The DEWALT DCCS620P1 Mini Chain Saw, 20v has an amazing design that tells that the engineers paid a lot of attention to details. In fact, this mini chainsaw has a very good grip as compared to chainsaws in its category.
Retractable Tool-free Tension
The tool tension free system is a feature found in nearly all chainsaws. However, DEWALT DCCS620P1 Mini Chain Saw has somewhat of a different kind of tool tree system because it is not a bulky knob but a retractable one. This might be a good choice for those who do not want to worry about its downtime during use.
With the DEWALT DCCS620P1 Mini Chain Saw that has 20 Volts, you can be sure that you will cut at least 6 diameter trees in a single charge.
What Others Are Saying
There are a couple of consumer reviews on the line who state that the DEWALT DCCS620P1 is quite efficient for lightweight duties. Overall, four out of every five reviews are positive. Buyers appreciate that the mini chainsaw is affordable yet has a longer battery life compared to its competitors. However, the main criticism is that the saw’s chain constantly jumps off if it is not adjusted correctly.
- It is affordable
- Its battery is compatible with other Dewalt products
- It can cut quite a number of trees in a single charge
- It is lightweight and has a strong grip thus very easy to handle
- It works perfectly with light duties such as trimming yards
- It is very easy to use
- It comes with a safety switch
- It is easy to assemble and disassemble
- When in use, the DEWALT DCCS620P1 Mini Chain Saw, 20v does not produce gas or fumesIt is very quiet when in use
- It requires very minimal maintenance
- It has a high efficiency since it uses a brushless motor to increase runtime
- It is very effective in helping with home projects
- It is pretty automatic in that it goes off when you don’t hold the trigger
- If not tightened, the chain constantly jumps off
- It comes with a lower end charger, which takes 1.5 hours to charge the battery instead of the usual time (1 hour)
- The trigger is set up using the newer design, which makes it cumbersome when pressing the thumb lock
The DEWALT DCCS620P1 Mini Chain Saw is a good tool for a homeowner who does not want to deal with gases or fumes, and rarely cuts down trees. Although it can easily cut down a 10 diameter tree, it is slower compared to other heavy-duty chainsaws.
For most homeowners, a chainsaw that is designed for light duty activities such as tree trimming, pruning and cutting firewood is all they need. The Worx WG322 20 Volts Chainsaw fits all of these descriptions. The Worx WG322 Chainsaw has 20 Volts battery, which takes 1-2 hours for a full charge, can create around 150 cuts in one single charge, depending on the type of wood.
With this chainsaw, the chain turns is a bit quicker meaning it can create more cuts like butter compared to similar chainsaws. I really appreciate the handle on this chainsaw because I can comfortably create many cuts while holding it tightly due to the vibration protection.
The chain adjustment system in the Worx WG322 20 Volts Chainsaw is automatic meaning you do not need any tools to adjust it providing you with better performance for a lesser price.
Automatic Chain Lubrication
If you’re a new chainsaw owner, there’s a higher chance you’ll end up forgetting to check the oil level on your chainsaw. But with the Worx WG322 20 Volts Chainsaw, you don’t have to worry about this because it has an automatic chain lubrication system with an oil level indicator.
Lightweight chainsaws like the Worx WG322 20 Volts Chainsaw are made in such a way that they can only cut a couple of trees in a single charge. But, the challenge with most of these mini chainsaws is that they lack a battery indicator. With the Worx WG322 20 Volts Chainsaw, you do not have to worry about your battery life because it comes with a battery indicator to show you where your battery is at.
What People Are Saying
Worx WG322 20 Volts Chainsaw is a special kind of mini chainsaw because of its battery indicator feature, one of the features that the majority of reviews liked. In addition, the chainsaw automatically lubricates the chain, an essential aspect for new users. However, many of the negative reviews focus on its charge time – it takes approximately 4 hours to recharge it.
- It is lightweight
- It is very easy to maintain
- It is quite economical compared to other competitor brands
- It does require an electric cable when in use and thus it is portable
- It is useful for simple lightweight home duties
- Its battery takes at least 4 hours to recharge it
- Its backup batteries are too expensive
- It is only useful for light duties
The Worx WG322 20 Volts Chainsaw is quite different from the rest because of its battery indicator feature that makes it easy for users to know how much time is left before charging it. However, this saw is best suited for lightweight duties.
When you are looking for an all-purpose, cordless, mini chainsaw, GreenWorks 10-Inch 24V Cordless Chainsaw will definitely work out for you. GreenWorks 10-Inch 24V chainsaw can be used in almost everything, from trimming to cutting branches and limbs.
Furthermore, starting this saw is quite simple. You just need to attach the battery and ensure that the reservoir has adequate chain oil. After this, you switch lock and switch trigger and the machine stars instantly.
The GreenWorks 10-Inch 24V Cordless Chainsaw operates best when cutting limbs and back cuts. Essentially, it should be used with smaller limbs, nothing over 8 inches.
I really appreciate the lightweight feature considering that it is not easy to find a chainsaw that is used for trail clearing because this requires a chainsaw that creates small cuts. Also, the chainsaw does not get hot like most gas saws and therefore, does not requires time to cool before you can store it away.
In-built adjustment knob
The inbuilt adjustment knob on the GreenWorks 10-Inch 24V Cordless Chainsaw might be an important feature that makes it easier to use in different scenarios. You can adjust by either lightening or loosening the chain depending on the type of work you are doing.
An Automatic Oiler
The automatic oil system in the chainsaw supplies oil towards the arm and chain guaranteeing durability as well as efficiency.
What People Are Saying
Hundreds of customer reviews of the GreenWorks 10-Inch 24V Cordless Chainsaw are quite positive. Many buyers are quite happy with the in-built adjustment knob which makes it easier for them to use it for different jobs. However, some critics would like to have a lightweight chainsaw.
- It has a durable battery attached to ensure it is durable
- It can stay for a long time once it is charged completely
- It cuts through thicker woods
- It is quite easy to operate
- It works effectively because of its inbuilt adjustment device
- It is quite heavier than most battery chainsaw
The GreenWorks 10-Inch 24V Cordless Chainsaw is suitable for both noobs and professionals. It is lightweight and efficient even for elderly women. However, the chainsaw has to be lubricated frequently to ensure that it remains functional.
Product images sourced from Amazon.com